Learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 6P (CyanogenMod 14.1 / Android 7.1 Nougat): The Huawei-made Nexus 6P was the best smartphone in 2015, for sure, and even in 2016’s end, many users love their still amazingly running Nexus 6P, why shouldn’t they? It has the latest version of Android, still pretty solid internals, anamazing build and design, and overall, an impression of an ideal smartphone.
However, as we know, not ever smartphone OEM is perfect. The only bad thing with the now-dead Nexus lineup is the simplicity in their software. While you might say that they run Android 7.1 Nougat, which is the latest version out right now, it is no denying to the fact that Google’s stock Android has always been too boring, without any new exciting features to spice things up. Well, the Nexus 6P suffers from just that!
Very recently, Cyanogen announced the debut of their newest build of ROMs – CyanogenMod 14.1. CM 14.1 is built off of Android Nougat 7.1, which is even more newer than most of the official firmwares out there. Good for you, many devices have received the CM 14.1 official update, and the Nexus 6P is one of them!
Since this is an official nightly build, you will be getting OTAs every single day, however, we cannot promise that this ROM is a 100% stable. Cyanogen has itself mentioned that many new features are yet to come, but for the most part, they have eliminated almost all the bugs, so this ROM should be pretty stable for a daily driver. In this in-depth guide, we will be learning How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 6P.
Supported Devices: This guide is only for the Nexus 6P. Flashing it on any other device of other model will brick it.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Nexus 6P only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
CyanogenMod 14.1 For Nexus 6P → Download Link
└download the latest built according to date
How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 6P
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Nexus 6P using your data cable.
- Reboot your Nexus 6P into the recovery mode. Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to Flash Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 6P [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 6P. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build on CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!