In this guide, we will be able to learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Xperia SP (Android 7.1 Nougat): Sony has been really laying low in the smartphone game this year, and needless to say, it has indeed been a bad year for Sony. While the flagship sported an astonishing 4K display, the hype soon vanished, and no one seemed to buy it anyway. However, the Xperia SP is another great offering by Sony.
The problem with Xperia devices is their sick skin on top of Android. Even though Xperia devices running their skins have gotten updates up till Android Nougat, one cannot differentiate between the versions thanks to the same persistent look of the ugly skin. While there might be cool features in the smartphones running Xperia’s skins, the looks and feels are just way too ugly. Well, the Xperia SP suffers from just that!
Very recently, Cyanogen announced the debut of their newest build of ROMs – CyanogenMod 14.1. CM 14.1 is built off of Android Nougat 7.1, which is even more newer than most of the official firmwares out there. Good for you, many devices have received the CM 14.1 official update, and the Xperia SP is one of them!
Supported Devices: This guide is only for the Xperia SP. Flashing it on any other device of other model will brick it.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Xperia SP only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
CyanogenMod 14.1 For Xperia SP→ Download Link
└download the latest built according to date
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OFFICIAL CM 14.1 ON Xperia SP (ANDROID 7.1)
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Xperia SP using your data cable.
- Reboot your Xperia SP into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to Flash Official CM 14.1 on Xperia SP How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Xperia SP. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build on CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram