All the Realme 6 Pro users should start rejoicing as the company has finally released the official bootloader unlock method or tool after releasing the Android 10 kernel source code for the Realme 6 Pro. Now, the Realme 6 Pro users can also install the TWRP Recovery quite easily in order to flash custom firmware, root file, other mod files, etc. Here in this article, we will share with you all the details on how to download and install the TWRP Recovery on your Realme 6 Pro handset.
It’s worth mentioning that the Bootloader unlocks simply opens the main gateway for the unlimited customizations or other tweaks for Android devices. Due to security purposes, OEMs always provide a locked bootloader to their devices and some of the customization lovers manually unlock the bootloader. After doing this, you will be free to customize your device according to your choice.
Now, talking about the TWRP Recovery, it’s a third-party fully-featured and easy-to-use custom recovery file that can be used on Android devices by flashing it. Once done, users can easily flash third-party firmware, patch updates, root file, mod file, take a Nandroid backup & restore, performing the factory reset, and more. Now, let’s take a quick look at which things are working and which not in TWRP.
What Is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked. Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need an unlock code.
- Install Custom Firmware file
- Can install Root and Unroot also
- Install Custom Modules after Rooting
- Take a full Backup with System Image (Nandroid backup)
- Restore the backed-up data
- Features advanced options than the Stock Recovery
- Full Wipe Data including Dalvik, Cache, System, Vendor, etc (If any)
- Manually flash incremental OTA update files
- Format or Repair Broken Partitions
– TWRP boots
– /data decryption is working
– System and vendor partitions are mountable but you can’t modify them
– You can flash magisk and modules, or custom kernel (if that’s even exists since our kernel source is total mess and broken)
– Flashing stock rom.ozip works
– USB OTG works now
– Partition formatting doesn’t works (upstream)
Steps to Unlock the Realme 6 Pro Bootloader
- You can check out the full official guide here.
Steps to Disable Android Verified Boot on Realme 6 Pro
- Download the patched-vbmeta-v2.img file on your PC.
- Transfer this file to the installed ADB & Fastboot folder on your PC.
- Make sure that the USB Debugging is enabled on your handset.
- Connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Initiate the command prompt window from the ADB & Fastboot folder.
- Run the following command and hit Enter.
adb reboot bootloader
- Next, run the following command as well.
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
TWRP – Link
Disclaimer: It is recommended to do the task at your own risk and to be on the safer side, please keep a backup of your current files.
- Make sure the battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- The stock ROM should be installed on your Sony device.
- This TWRP file and guide applicable for Realme 6 Pro.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery for Realme 6 Pro
- Update your handset to the latest stock firmware before unlocking the bootloader.
- Now, check How To Unlock Bootloader On Android devices
- Download the TWRP file and extract the .gz file using 7-zip.
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a Nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Guide: Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows (Important)
- Next, run the below code using Fastboot mode on the PC.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, flash the TWRP by following the command below. (Change the twrp.img name with the actual twrp file name)
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Boot your device into the TWRP Recovery mode.
fastboot reboot recovery
- You’re done. Now, you can install custom firmware or root on your device using the TWRP Recovery.
Keep visiting the blog for more info
Source: XDA Thread
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.