Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 was launched last year with 2GB of RAM, an Octa-core MediaTek Processor and a 5.5 inch Full HD screen. The device was running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow at the time of launch which was also the last official software update sent to the device. The device is now getting an update to a newer version of Android Nougat 7.1.1 in the form of a custom ROM called Lineage OS 14.1
The custom ROM was developed and posted online by Lukas97 and according to the developer, the ROM is still in its initial stages of development. This means that the ROM might not be stable enough to be used as a daily driver and it might have some bugs and software issues. These bugs might be fixed in the upcoming builds of ROM and a stable official version of Lineage OS 14.1 might also be released for the Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 soon.
But if you want to make an attempt at installing a newer version of Android Nougat 7.1.1 on your Vodafone Smart Ultra 7, then you can try installing this unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM on your device by carefully following our step by step instructions mentioned below. Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before you proceed to restore to the stable version if the ROM is not working properly.
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 14 is based On Android 7.0 Nougat Source Code and Comes with all the Android Nougat features and better battery optimization.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help about any problems within our reach.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
Steps To Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Vodafone Smart Ultra 7
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 14.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.