OnePlus 5T has started receiving the latest OxygenOS 4.7.2 software OTA Update.If you want you can Download OxygenOS 4.7.2 for OnePlus 5T as both Full Rom and OTA are available.OnePlus 5T come with OxygenOS 4.7.2 out of the box which is based on android 7.1.1 nougat.
The OnePlus 5T is the successor to the OnePlus 5 and flagship device of OnePlus for 2017.It comes with beautiful ‘Full View’ bezel-less display with very fingerprint scanner (0.2 sec).The device is powered by the Snapdragon 835 Soc Coupled with 8 gigs of RAM.It comes with 128 Gigs of UFS 2.1 storage and the Adreno 530 GPU.The device has all the top-notch specifications.
OnePlus 5T will get the official android 8.0 oreo update in coming days.The sales have been started from 21st of November 2017.The device has generated huge hype and it is doing extremely well in sales too.If you have the device, then you may have already received the OxygenOS 4.7.2 OTA Update notification.
OxygenOS 4.7.2 New Added Features:
- Optimizations for fingerprint unlock
- Optimizations for face unlock
- Improved accuracy of screen off gestures
- Improved EIS during 4K video recording
- Wi-Fi WPA2 security patch (Krack vulnerability patch)
- General stability improvements and bug fixes
How To Update OnePlus 5T To OxygenOS 4.7.2 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat)
The update has been started rolling out and many Oneplus 5t users have already received the update.You can manually check for the update.Go to Settings > Scroll down to System Update > Check for update.If the update is showing, press Install to start the installation process.
If the update is not available on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come or you can manually Download/Install OxygenOS 4.7.2 On OnePlus 5T by following the given guide.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5T users.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Download OxygenOS 4.7.2 for OnePlus 5T
- OxygenOS 4.7.2 Full ROM for OnePlus 5T – Download, Mirror
- OxygenOS 4.7.2 OTA for OnePlus 5T – Coming Soon..
How to Install OxygenOS 4.7.2 On OnePlus 5T
For Non-Rooted users :
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Settings > Developer Option. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
3) Download the OxygenOS 4.5.7 for OnePlus 5T from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
4) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
5) Choose Install from ADB Sideload
6) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
7) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
8) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
9) Flash the Oxygen OS 4.7.1 on OnePlus 5T by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
10) Now wait until the process completely and then Reboot the phone.Done!
1) Download OxygenOS 4.7.2 OTA zip file from above and save it on your internal phone memory.
2) Now Go to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File.
3) Select upgrade now when the system prompts.
4) Now your device will reboot into stock recovery and flash the OTA.
5) The installer will flash the OTA itself and reboot the device.Done!!!
For Rooted Users :
2) Reboot your device into Recovery mode and create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
3) Now wipe your cache files:> Go to Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache and swipe to confirm it.
4) Now, Go to Install and locate the OOS 4.7.2 Full Rom Zip & swipe to Install the ROM file
6) Wipe Dalvik & Cache again.
7) Done! Reboot System and Enjoy.
If you have any question related to “How to Download and Install OxygenOS 4.7.2 for OnePlus 5T” then let us know down below!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.