It’s known to all of us that the smartphone users are pretty much aware of the software updates, security patch versions, major Android OS updates, etc. Meanwhile, most of the users also know about flashing custom firmware on their devices in order to achieve a new look, functionalities, etc rather than the stock ROM. Therefore, more and more smartphone OEMs are trying to develop their own flashing tool that can be developer-friendly or user friendly. As the title suggests, you can now Download Realme Flash Tool – 2020 version [Guide to use the tool].
As Realme has provided an official tool and method to unlock the device bootloader easily for its Realme devices, more and more users are now eager to unlock their devices and jumping into the custom firmware flashing or installing root access or even flashing a custom recovery, etc. Apart from it, Realme is also gradually releasing the kernel source code for its devices officially that is really appreciable.
With the help of a flashing tool, users can easily install the stock firmware as well as the custom firmware on their Realme devices by connecting the handset to the PC. Now, if you’re also interested in flashing the firmware file on your Realme device easily then check this guide below.
What is the Realme Flash Tool?
Realme Flash Tool is the official flashing tool for the Realme devices that offers you to flash the stock firmware on Realme phones. If you’re using custom firmware on your Realme device or want to upgrade the stock firmware to the latest Realme UI version, then this flash tool is the only requirement for you.
However, keep in mind that you can’t downgrade the Android OS version to a previous version by using this flashing tool. But you can downgrade the Realme UI or the ColorOS skin version pretty easily to its previous version. Make sure to take a full data backup of the device data at first. The tool supports the OFP file that is currently available for the Realme X50 Pro model only. We can expect that more Realme devices will be added to the list soon.
- This tool may only work for the Indian variant Realme devices as of now.
- The device bootloader should be unlocked.
- Maintain 50% of battery level.
- The flashing process may delete all the data. So, back up the important data first.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your handset.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable are required.
- Download and Install Android ADB & Fastboot SDK Platform Tools for Windows/Mac/Linux.
- Download and Install Android USB Drivers on your PC.
Guide to Use the Realme Flash Tool
- Download the flashing tool on your PC and install it.
- Now, boot into fastboot mode by following the steps below:
- Switch off your phone > Long-press the Power & Volume Down buttons together for a few seconds in order to enter the fastboot mode.
- Open the Realme Flash Tool on your PC > Click on Browse.
- Then select the specific flash file that you’ve downloaded.
- Click on Loading Device.
- Next, click on the Flash button > Select Confirm.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, press the Volume button for once and you can restart your device to the system again.
Enjoy! Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.