If you are the Essential PH-1 then here is the good news for you as the new Android 8.0 Oreo beta 2 is now available and can be downloaded manually from this article. The update is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air). Though this device is not so popular still the device is getting the latest update which is really a very good job done by Essential. The build number of the Oreo beta 2 update is OPM1.170911.213. Essential Phone Oreo Beta 2
A few days back this device received the December 2017 security patch update and then after it Essential Ph-1 received the Oreo beta 1 and now Oreo beta 2 which comes with many amazing features and some bug fixes which was in Oreo beta 1. Oreo beta 2 is really a very big update and only some big devices received this update this update is based on December 2017 security patch.
As the update is rolling out via OTA so you will recieve the notification on your device when the update will available in your region so you have to keep checking the update, you can check the update manually by going to your Mobile’s settings > About Phone > System Update and see their if update is listed if there is any update then goahead and install it if there is not then don’t worry, we have shared the OTA update below in this article from where you can download the update and manually install it on your Essential Ph-1.
New Features of Essential Phone Android 8.0 Oreo Beta 2
- December Security Patch
- Smart text selection improvements
- Instant apps improvements,
- Picture-in-Picture improvements
- Faster startup and app sign-in
- Google Play Protect Security scans
Issues Fixed from Beta 1
- Android Auto and OEM Bluetooth
- Car Kit Interoperability Improvements
- Data tracking issues for the certain U.S.
- Carriers Setup Assistant
- screen cutoff issues due to a status bar
- Further Treble support
- Battery life improvements
- LED notification and charging behavior
Download Oreo Beta 2 Based On December Security Patch For Essential Ph-1
Essential Phone Oreo Beta 2 | OTA Download | OPM1.170911.213 | 1GB
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Official Android 8.0 Oreo Beta on Essential Phone (PH-1)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
How To Install Official Essential Phone Android 8.0 Oreo Beta 2 (PH-1)
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac
- Now download the Essential Phone Official Android 8.0 Oreo Beta (OPM1.170911.130) from the download section above
- Now follow the guide to flash the update > How To Install OTA Firmware Updates Using ADB Sideload