After the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus has received the unofficial Lineage OS 16 Android Pie 9.0 ROM. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus based on Android 9.0 Pie but the developer has claimed that the ROM is stable. Previously the device has received Lineage Os 15.1 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. We are thankful to recognized Xda developer Rainbow_Dash for the ROM.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus was released with the Galaxy S9 Plus in February 2018. It comes equipped with a 6.2-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It is powered by a 1.7 GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 processor coupled with 6 GB of RAM. It runs Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device has 64 GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256 via microSD.The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus sports a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front. It is IP68 certified water and dust proof.
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM. The ROM is not fully stable according to the developer and can’t be used as a daily driver. This is the first release of this unofficial Lineage OS 16 ROM For the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed. Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install Lineage OS 16 Pie ROM On Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Update Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus to Android 9 Pie Via Lineage OS 16. Before flashing check what’s working and what’s not to be on the safer side.
- Galaxy S9 Plus+ star2lte (G965F/FD/N)
What’s not working:
- Samsung’s own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won’t be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
- Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
- IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
For more details visit the official Xda development thread here
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery mode
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on your device
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.