Here we will guide you to Install and Update Galaxy S9/S9+ to Android 10 One UI 2.0 beta manually. Recently some Reddit users mentioned that both the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 plus has started getting the OneUI 2.0 beta update. The update is based on Android 10.
Now we have a great news for all Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus users as the firmware are now made available online which means users who haven’t received the update yet can manually flash the full firmware file to get the latest OneUI 2.0 on their devices. The update is still in beta and not a stable release so keep that in mind.
The available update comes with all Android 10 features like dark mode and improved gestures navigation. Along with these, there are many new themes are added. When you install these updates, it will bump the firmware version to G960FXXU7ZSKD and to G965FXXU7ZSKD on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ respectively. The firmware is around 1.8 GB in size so use WiFi while downloading the files.
- Backup Important Data (Non rooted users)
- Download the firmwares according to your device
- Download Latest ADB and Fastboot SDK Platform-Tool on PC and install it. It will create an ADB folder on your PC.
Steps To Install and Update Galaxy S9/S9+ to Android 10 One UI 2.0 beta
- As this is a beta update, your device must be running the latest Android 9 Pie update (CSK1)
- If your device is not on this version, just download the Android Pie firmware from the above download section and flash the firmware using the linked guide below
- Once you have the CSK1 pie running on your device, move to the next step
- Download the OneUI 2 beta firmware according to your model
- Now rename the firmware file to update.zip
- Now connect your device to PC and transfer the update.zip file to ADB folder on your PC.
- Now open the command window in the ADB folder (Press Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt here)
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Switch off the device completely
- Press and hold Volume up + Bixby + Power together until you see the recovery mode.
- Now from the recovery menu select ” update via ADB ” (use vol buttons to navigate and power button to select)
- Now issue the following command in the command prompt
- If it shows a number, then your device is properly connected and you can now flash the firmware
- Now to install Galaxy S9/S9+ Android 10 One UI 2.0 beta firmware just run the below command
adb sideload update.zip
- It will start the update process, wait for few minutes.
- Once done, the device will start automatically to the latest Android 10 OneUI 2.0 UI.
Hope this guide is helpful. Please do share your thoughts about the new update on the comment section.