Easily Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi 6: Xiaomi Mi 6 smartphone was launched in April 2017. It is equipped with a 5.15-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 428 pixels per inch. The Xiaomi Mi 6 is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835, Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) CPU and Adreno 540 GPU coupled with 6GB of RAM. It comes with 64GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded.
The Xiaomi Mi 6 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel front camera for selfies. The Xiaomi Mi 6 runs MIUI 9 (latest) which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The device is upgraded to MIUI 10. The Xiaomi Mi 6 houses a 3350mAh non-removable battery.
Like most of the Android smartphone, Mi 6 also comes with an unlockable bootloader. If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP recovery.
Rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Mi 6 while following this tutorial. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have installed Xiaomi drivers on your PC.
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot Tools On your PC
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
How to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi 6
- Enable the Developer Option, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (Go to Settings > About phone > MIUI Version. Click 7 times on the MIUI Version to enable the Developer Option. Now Go back to Settings > Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock.)
- Now again go to Settings > Mi account > MI Cloud > Enable Syn and Find Device
- Now login to Mi Cloud Server to check whether your device is syn or not. If there are other devices synced with your mi cloud, remove them.
- Download Mi Unlock tool – CLICK HERE. Once you download the file, Extract the MiFlashTool Zip file
- Now Go to the extracted files and open MiFlashUnlock
- A new disclaimer page will appear, read it and click Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
- Now boot your Mi 6 to Fastboot/Bootloader mode and connect it to your PC via provided USB
- Your device will be shown as connected.
- Now Click On Unlock. It will show some warning, escape that. It will start the unlocking process automatically.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device. Your device’s bootloader should be unlocked. You can check the bootloader lock status from the settings.
So that’s it for today’s simple guide. If you have any question regarding this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below