How to hard reset Galaxy S9/S9 Plus (Back to factory setting): Hello friends! I’m sure by now you must have heard about the latest flagships of the Galaxy series. Recently, Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus were launched and made available for pre-orders. Ever since it was officially launched, all the Android lovers have been busy pre-ordering these flagships. Both of these devices are powered by Android 8.0 Oreo OS and they come with some of the most advanced technology available in the Android market currently. Even though there are several exciting features in this device, there are still some faults that need to be fixed.
One of the best methods that can be applied to a smartphone when it facing problems and not working smoothly is hard reset. Hard rest is used to revert back to the factory settings as it deletes all the data while also uninstalling all the apps which were added apart from the factory apps.
Today, in this post, we are going to tell you how any Galaxy S9/S9 Plus user can easily hard reset their device in no time. We will be giving two methods to you and you can choose the one which is more suitable for you.
Steps To hard reset Galaxy S9/S9 Plus (Back to factory setting)
Method 1 –
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold “Volume Up + Power” buttons for a few seconds.
- Select the language by using the volume keys and then pressing Power key to confirm.
- Using the Volume down button, navigate between the different options before selecting the ‘Wipe Data’. Then press the power button for confirming it.
- After that, select the option ‘Wipe all data’ and press power button for confirming.
- Select yes and wait for the device to perform the hard reset.
- Press the power button once the device displays 100% reset is complete.
- Then, reboot your device by pressing the power key.
- Now press the power key again and then finish the configuration of basic settings to start using the device again.
Method 2 –
- Go to the settings of your device.
- Search for the backup and reset option and select it.
- Tap on the factory reset option.
- Choose ‘Reset device’.
- Select the option ‘Erase everything’ and then wait till your device gets rebooted with the factory settings.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page