As the name suggests, Xiaomi has launched a lite version of the Mi 10 that’s called Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite in March 2020. The handset has a 6.57″ AMOLED display, Android 10, Snapdragon 765G processor, 6/8GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage, quad rear cameras of having 48+8+5+2-megapixels lens, a 16-megapixels selfie camera, a 4160mAh battery, 20W quick charging, Wi-Fi, BT 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, Type-C port, and more.
Now, if you’re a Mi 10 Lite user and want to enable root access then you should check out the steps to Root Mi 10 Lite and Unlock Bootloader (No TWRP).
Rooting Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the root files like Magisk. Now we have to manually modify the stock boot image by patch to get root access on the device
How To Root Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite With Magisk Manager
#1 Unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite
- Enable the Developer Option, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (Go to Settings > About phone > MIUI Version. Click 7 times on the MIUI Version to enable the Developer Option. Now Go back to Settings > Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock.)
- Now again go to Settings > Mi account > MI Cloud > Enable Syn and Find Device
- Now login to Mi Cloud Server to check whether your device is syn or not. If there are other devices synced with your mi cloud, remove them.
- Download the Mi Unlock tool – CLICK HERE. Once you download the file, Extract the MiFlashTool Zip file
- Now Go to the extracted files and open MiFlashUnlock
- A new disclaimer page will appear, read it and click Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
- Now boot your Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite to Fastboot/Bootloader mode and connect it to your PC via provided USB
- Your device will be shown as connected.
- Note: If a message shown on the screen that your device is not supported by Mi Unlock. Don’t worry. Just click on the Go button to continue
- Now Click On Unlock. It will show some warning, escape that. It will start the unlocking process automatically.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device. Your device’s bootloader should be unlocked. You can check the bootloader lock status from the settings.
#2 Get the stock boot image (Firmware)
- Download Stock boot image (Stock ROM which comes with the device)
#3 Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open magisk manager, On the main screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
#4 Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file from your phone’s download section to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- Now issue the following command to boot your device to bootloader mode (Make sure your device is connected to the PC)
adb reboot bootoader
- Now issue the command given below to Flash the patched boot image
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the below commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Done !!! Just reboot your device. Your device should be rooted now.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.