Easily Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus): Xiaomi has set the smartphone market on fire by launching some of the great mid-range smartphones. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus) is one of them. The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus is a mid-range Android device which is also known as Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 in the Global market. The device comes equipped with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. The Redmi 5 Plus is powered by 2GHz Octa-Core CPU which is coupled with 4GB of RAM.
The phone packs 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128 via microSD. Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus sports a 12-megapixel primary camera on the back and a 5-megapixel front camera. The Redmi 5 Plus runs Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI at the top and houses a 4000mAh non-removable
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus) is powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. It runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box and houses a Non-removable Li-Po 3080 mAh battery. As the device has a 720P display, with this capacity it can go through a whole day.
Like most of the Android smartphone, Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus) also comes with an unlockable bootloader. If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP recovery.
Rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus) while following this tutorial. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have installed Xiaomi drivers on your PC.
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot Tools On your PC
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
How to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus)
- Enable the Developer Option, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (Go to Settings > About phone > MIUI Version. Click 7 times on the MIUI Version to enable the Developer Option. Now Go back to Settings > Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock.)
- Now again go to Settings > Mi account > MI Cloud > Enable Syn and Find Device
- Now login to Mi Cloud Server to check whether your device is syn or not. If there are other device syned with your mi cloud, remove them.
- Download Mi Unlock tool – CLICK HERE. Once you download the file, Extract the MiFlashTool Zip file
- Now Go to the extracted files and open MiFlashUnlock
- A new disclaimer page will appear, read it and click Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
- Now boot your Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus) to Fastboot/Bootloader mode and connect it to your PC via provided USB
- Your device will be shown as connected.
- Now Click On Unlock. It will show some warning, escape that. It will start the unlocking process automatically.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device. Your device’s bootloader should be unlocked. You can check the bootloader lock status from the settings.
For rooting check out > How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus) and Install TWRP Recovery
So that’s it for today’s simple guide. If you have any question regarding this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below