You can now Install Android 10 Update On T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro. YES!! you heard it right. There is now a workaround which will help users to flash the Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10 full ROM on their OnePlus 7 pro device.
OnePlus has already updated it’s Global and unlocked variants of OnePlus 7 and 7 pro to latest Android 10 but some carrier-based variants like T-Mobile haven’t received the latest update. The official update is on its way and may be available in coming weeks but if you are impatient and can’t wait then we have got your back here.
Remember we will force install the full firmware file using TWRP recovery. The process is simple and easy to follow along. Once you unlock the bootloader of your device (which is needed for this method), your warranty will be void. But you can regain it by relocking the bootloader later if you want. So now let’s check out the process.
Android 10 Update For T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro
T-Mobile OnePlus 7 pro has n’t received official Android 10 update from the company but in this method, we will be flashing the Global Android 10 ROM. First, we will unlock the bootloader of the device and install TWRP recovery then we gonna flash the full firmware file.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. This will void the warranty of your device.
- Download OxygenOS 10.0.1 (Android 10 Full ROM)
- Download TWRP (Download img file – Latest)
- Download Latest ADB and Fastboot SDK Platform-Tools (2019)
- For non-rooted users: How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- For Rooted Users: How To Create and Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices using TWRP Recovery/CWM/Philz
Steps To Install Android 10 Update On T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro
- Unlock the bootloader of the device: How To Unlock the Bootloader On OnePlus 7 Pro (Easiest Way) [ Skip the step if your bootloader is already unlocked]
- Enable Developer Options, then OEM unlocking and then USB debugging
- Now download the TWRP file on your PC and rename it to twrp.img
- Now open command window or Powershell window inside the folder where TWRP file is downloaded ( Open the TWRP folder and then type cmd in its address bar, and then hit the enter key)
- Reboot your OnePlus 7 Pro into Bootloader/Fastboot mode and connect it to the PC
- Once in the bootloader mode, run the following command
fastboot getvar current-slot
- As you can see the current slot is b, so we have to switch to the inactive slow with a command.
- Remember, If the active slot is b, then this command would be: fastboot –set-active=a
- If the active slot is a, then this command would be: fastboot –set-active=b
- Now Install TWRP recovery on T-mobile OnePlus 7 pro, just like the Global variant.
- Now download the Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Full ROM on your PC, move that to a Pendrive
- Now connect that Pendrive as a USB OTG
- Now reboot your OnePlus 7 Pro into TWRP recovery.
- Once you are in the TWRP recovery main menu, go to Install > Storage > USB > Search for the firmware file and select it
- Now just swipe to confirm the installation process. Now wait for the flashing process to complete (Don’t reboot the system, stay on TWRP)
- Now to avoid Qualcomm crash dump error, we have to flash the firmware again on the other slot
- Now Go back to TWRP Home (By pressing the Home button on TWRP) > Tap Reboot
- Tap on the inactive slot (the slot which your device is not using)
- Now flash the ROM again (see the previous flashing link)
- Once the installation is done, reboot your device normally
- Done!! Your OnePlus 7 Pro should be booted into latest Android 10 Oxygen OS 10.0.1
So this is the complete step by step guide. If you have any question regarding this article, you can share that in the comment section down below.