ASUS is one of the top names when it comes to the gaming smartphone domain, with many believing that this is the best that one can go for. The ROG Series has often been the go-to choice for mobile gamers. Aside from having amazing features and specifications for gaming, these devices are also great in the custom development market. The ASUS ROG Phone 6 is the sixth iteration of the flagship series and even this one is blessed with many custom development options, including custom recovery. You will now be able to flash the desired binary and mods onto your device via the official TWRP Recovery. In this guide, you will get to know how to install TWRP Recovery on ASUS ROG Phone 6.
How to install TWRP Recovery on ASUS ROG Phone 6
Step 1: Install Android SDK
To start off, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google. Now download and extract it to a suitable directory on your personal computer. Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Then, you will need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your smartphone. The former makes your smartphone recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. Meanwhile, it’ll allow you to easily boot your smartphone to Fastboot Mode.
OEM Unlocking will be needed to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. You’ll need to go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times -> Return to Settings -> System -> Developer Options -> Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on your ASUS ROG Phone 6
You’ll also need to unlock the bootloader on your ASUS ROG Phone 6 if you’re looking to install TWRP Recovery. Remember that doing this will wipe off the data and might even make your device’s warranty null and void.
- [Easy Method] Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 9 (Similar steps)
Step 4: Download TWRP on ASUS ROG Phone 6
- You can grab hold of the TWRP with the support for Android 13 data encryption from below –
ASUS ROG Phone 6 – Download
- Once it is downloaded, you should rename the recovery file to twrp such that the name becomes “twrp.img”
- Now, transfer t to the platform-tools folder on the PC
Step 5: Boot your device to Fastboot mode
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB cable
- Go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Enter the following command in the CMD window for booting your device to the Fastboot Mode –
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the following command to verify the Fastboot Connection –
- If you’re getting the Device ID followed by the Fastboot keyword, then your connection stands successful
Step 6: Install TWRP on your ROG Phone 6
- To start off, you should rename the downloaded recovery to “twrp.img” and then transfer the file to the platform-tools folder
- Then, go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Execute the following command for flashing TWRP to the Recovery partition –
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- If this doesn’t work, you can also install TWRP to the Recovery and B partitions with the below commands –
fastboot flash recovery_a twrp.img fastboot flash recovery_b twrp.img
- Once it is flashed, you need to use the following command to boot your smartphone to TWRP Recovery directly from the Fastboot Mode –
fastboot reboot recovery
- You can flash the desired file
- Once it is done, you can boot your device to the OS via Reboot -> System