Samsung Galaxy J6 has just received the latest Lineage OS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10. If you’re a custom firmware lover or knows about it, then you should also know about the Lineage OS. The best part is that now you can download the Lineage OS 17.1 for your Galaxy J6 handset from this article and manually install it quite easily.
We are thankful to developer Razhor for this awesome ROM. Keep in mind that you will need a TWRP Custom Recovery or any other custom recovery in order to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 firmware on your handset. Additionally, you will have to be rooted as well. Now, without wasting more time, let’s get into it.
The Samsung Galaxy J6 was launched in May 2018. It features a 5.60-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1480 pixels. The device is driven by a 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy J6 sports a 13MP front and 8MP rear camera. It packs 32GB of onboard storage which can be expanded up to 256GB) via microSD card. The Samsung Galaxy J6 runs Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. It houses a 3000mAh non-removable battery.
[su_note note_color=”#c4ffd8″ radius=”2″]
Lineage OS 17.1 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17.1 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.1 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on the Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM.
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17.1 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android 10 features and additionally, there is plenty of exclusive Lineage OS customizations & features also included.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked.
- Your device should be rooted properly.
- Ensure that a custom recovery (TWRP) installed on your handset.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy J6.
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy J6 | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now, transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Next, reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Then select Install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.
- Flash the GApps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the official Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on your Galaxy J6 based on Android 10. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.