UMiDIGI F1 is the first UMiDOGI device to received any Android 10 Custom ROM. Now you can Update UMiDIGI F1 to Android 10as the device has received an unofficial Lineage OS 17 ROM based on Android 10. In this method, we will be installing Lineage OS 17 custom ROM which is based on Android 10 to update UMiDIGI F1 to Android 10 unofficially.
We are thankful to Senior Xda Member PeterCxy for the ROM. The ROM is in its early development stage so don’t flash it on your primary device as of now but if you want to experience Android 10, then you can give it a try. The available ROM file name is lineage-17.0-20191105-F1-1-peter-signed.zip. The ROM size is around 583 MB.
Lineage OS 17 On UMiDIGI F1 | Android 10 Features
Table Of Contents
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- – VoLTE does not work (and probably won’t work on any MTK device with custom ROMs any time soon) due to MTK’s proprietary extensions.
- – Sometimes data connection can be randomly lost during reconnections. This can be fixed by either a reboot or `pkill phone` in a root shell (terminal).
For more information about the ROM, please visit the official Xda thread here
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On UMiDIGI F1.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On UMiDIGI F1 | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram