After Mi Max 2, now it’s successor Xiaomi Mi Max 3 has started getting the Lineage OS 17 unofficial ROM based on Android 10. Now you can Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Max 3 | Android 10 (nitrogen) . However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 17 For Xiaomi Mi Max 3 based on Android 10. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery just like any other custom ROM. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member stonesolouk for sharing the ROM.
There are two types of ROMs in Android ecosystem. As I mentioned above one is Stock ROM or the Firmware which comes preinstalled with any Android device and the second one is Custom ROM or commonly known as ROM. Custom ROMs are developed by third-party developers for a specific device. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature-packed and fast which makes them a better alternative to the stock firmware.
Among all the Custom ROMs, Lineage OS is the oldest and most popular. Lineage OS was previously known as CyanogenMod. The Lineage OS ROMs are clean and provide a very fast and smooth user experience. Most of the time the battery backup is also better compared to the stock firmware.
Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Max 3 | Android 10 | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
- Lineage OS 17 for Xiaomi Mi Max 3: Download Link (Check the Xda Thread For lastest download link)
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 17 ROMs
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Max 3 | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Nijel’s TWRP 3.2.3-3 and 3.2.3-4)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them using any unzipper app
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Install the Permissiver_v4 zip file then FixZygote_V2 zip file (TWRP main menu > Install > Zip)
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
- Done!! Now reboot your device
Your device should boot into the latest Android 10 / Lineage OS 17 ROM.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram