Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 and Pad 4 Plus are pretty exciting devices, especially if you’re looking for devices in the affordable segment. Released in June 2018, the Mi Pad 4 and Mi Pad 4 Plus comes with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box, however, the Android technically has moved on from the days of Oreo OS. Now, it is all about Android 12 OS. While the firmware update might not reach Mi Pad 4/Pad 4 Plus, but you can still enjoy the features of Android 12 on your Mi Pad 4 and Pad 4 Plus. This will be possible thanks to the Lineage OS 19.0.
Lineage OS 19.0 has been unofficially released and it is the latest masterpiece in the long line of custom ROMs launched by the Lineage OS family. Lineage OS 19.0 is based on the latest Android 12 firmware and it’ll come with all the latest features and enhancements of Android 12 and much more. The most significant addition to the new OS is the introduction of “Material You” design language, which is aimed at enhancing the personalization factor on your device. Using this feature, the user will be able to pick out new widgets, a custom color palette, and more.
If you’re not versed with the Lineage OS custom ROMs, then this guide will greatly benefit you. In this guide, you will get to know all about Lineage OS 19.0, its benefits, its features, how you can download and install Lineage OS on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Pad 4 Plus, and more.
LineageOS 19.0 features – Android 12
LineageOS is essentially a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which has been designed to improve performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with some extra contributions from several hardworking people within the Android community. LineageOS can be used without any need to have Google apps installed.
Android 12 is the latest in the long list of exciting firmware releases from Google. Android 12 will be all about improved personalization and revamped user interface, bringing in a much more dynamic expression and an entirely new design element. Android 12 is the successor to the last-gen Android 11, which was heavily focused on the privacy and security of user data. The new Android 12 will not just focus on the privacy aspect but also on the visual side of things.
The Android-12 based LineageOS 19.0 will feature a wide range of features and enhancements including –
- New and colorful yet minimal widgets that are more dynamic than before
- Dynamic theme and expressive wallpapers as per your mood
- Lock screen looks and feels better
- Notification shade
- Volume controls
- Glance screen
- New power menu
- Smoother transitions and animations
- Impressive Privacy Dashboard feature
- Privacy indicator at the top of the screen
- Improved notifications
- Scrolling screenshot support
- Quick reply feature
- Easy Wi-Fi sharing
- On-device search feature
- Quick back-tap feature
- One-handed mode
- Haptic-coupled audio effect
- App hibernation
- Improved audio-rotate
- New emojis
- Android 12 updates via Google Play
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Also, enable the OEM Unlock from the Developer Options.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed to install Lineage OS 18.1 ROM (Android 11) on your device device.
- Make sure that you have installed TWRP recovery on your Android device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage that happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
[su_highlight background=”#78ffb1″ color=”#16181b”]Note: If the link is broken head over to the development page for the working link and other updates about the custom ROM. [/su_highlight]
- Gapps Android 12
- Download latest Magisk (If you want Root access)
Flashing Steps: Lineage OS 19 on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Pad 4 Plus – Android 12
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Ensure that the bootloader is unlocked.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery.
- Take a Nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the ROM which is just a .zip file
- Go to Install -> Install Zip > ROM File (.zip)
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your device and you will be booted into Lineage OS 19 ROM Based on Android 12. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.