If you own Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 and want to try out the latest Android 11 on your device, then we have awesome news for you. Abn unofficial build of Lineage OS 18 has been made available for the device. As we all know the ROM is based on Android 11. We would like to thank developer LordShenron for the ROM. You can follow our guide to Download and Install LineageOS 18 for Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 (Android 11)
To recall, Lineage OS is the successor and redesigned version of CyanogenMod OS. It’s based on AOSP code and one of the most popular and stable Android Custom ROMs in the market for a couple of years now. It offers stock Android like UI with plenty of customization options that users can perform according to their choice. The Lineage OS also performs really well in day-to-day usage than any other Custom ROMs.
Zenfone Max Pro M1 flaunts a 5.99-inch IPS LCD display screen with a resolution of 2160x1080p, a powerful Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 Octa-Core 1.8Ghz Kryo 260 processor, an Adreno 509 GPU, 3/4/6 GB RAM, 32/64 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po battery. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo, and its other features include a 13.0/16.0 MP rear camera, an 8.0 MP front camera, a fingerprint sensor, Bluetooth v5.0, Wi-Fi, GPS, and more.
Lineage OS 18 Features
LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.
It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
As mentioned, among all the aftermarket firmware, Lineage OS is the best one when it comes to performance, stability, and fully-featured Custom ROM. Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer gigahurts for this latest ROM.
So, the Android 11-based Lineage OS 18 firmware offers all the useful and popular features like the Conversation Notification, One-Time App Permissions, Notification History, Chat Bubbles, Built-in Screen Recording, Improved Media Player, Smart Reply, New Power Menu, Scoped Storage, Wireless ADB, Pin Apps to Sharesheet, and more.
- Scheduled Dark Mode
- Smart Reply & Smart Folders
- Improved App Suggestions
- Conversations Notification
- Built-in Screen Recording
- Pin Apps to Sharing Menu
- Improved Voice Access (Accessibility)
- Bluetooth Active in Airplane Mode
- Improved Privacy & Security Features
- A New Power Menu
- Redesigned Device Controls
- Redesigned Music Control
- One-Time App Permissions
- Permissions Auto-Reset
- Chat Bubbles
- Notification History
- Wireless Android Auto
- Google Play System Update (Security Patch)
- Talkback braille keyboard
- Improved Lookout Mode
- Improved Camera features (Bokeh Mode, Built-in HAL, and Camera2 API support)
- Enhanced Digital Wellbeing
- Improved Enterprise Mode
- Improved Autofill Keyboard Suggestions
- Nearby Share
- Scoped Storage
- Resume on Reboot
- Blocked Permissions
- Soft Reboot
- Background Location
- Improved Call Screening (Identify Spams)
- Picture-in-picture mode
- 5G detection API
- Hinge angle sensor support
- Ethernet tethering
- Gesture sensitivity
Download and Install Lineage OS 18 On Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 (X00T/D)
The installation is pretty simple and easy. If you have installed any custom ROM before then you will have no issue flashing the ROM as the process is exactly the same. But before proceeding to the installation let me clear that this build is in the very early stage which means there will be bugs and many functions may not work properly. So, we do recommend not to flash the ROM on your primary device.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data, VoLTE)
- Video Playback
- SafetyNet passes by default
- Selinux Permissive
- Night Light
- NFC (not tested)
- Inform the dev if you find any other bug
- Enable USB Debugging on your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1. Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Also, enable the OEM Unlock from the Developer Options.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed to install Lineage OS 18 ROM (Android 11) on your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 device.
- Make sure that you have installed TWRP recovery on your Android device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
NOTE: If any case the download link is broken, visit the source Xda page for working links and more information about the ROM
Flashing Steps: Lineage OS 18
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Ensure that the bootloader is unlocked.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery.
- Take a Nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the ROM which is just a .zip file
- Go to Install -> Install Zip > ROM File (.zip)
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 and you will be booted into Lineage OS 18 ROM Based on Android 11. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.