Guide:How to Manually Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Official Marshmallow Android 6.0 (ZE551ML/ZE550ML).Here we share the direct link to download ZenFone 2 Marshmallow 6.0 Beta Update.
Asus has started rolling out latest official Marshmallow 6.0 update for ASUS ZenFone 2.The ZenFone 2 became the 3rd Asus device to get this official update after Asus ZenFone 2 Laser and Zenfone Max.The latest official Marshmallow update for ASUS ZenFone 2 is available via OTA (Over-the-air).You can manually check for the latest update available for your device.
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””] To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Updates [/symple_box]
If you haven’t received the marshmallow update then wait for the update to come to your region or you can manually Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Official Marshmallow Android 6.0 by flashing the Marshmallow OTA Update file on your device.If your device’s bootloader is unlocked or device is rooted then you won’t get the notification, you have to manually flash / install the android 6.0 marshmallow OTA Update on ASUS ZenFone 2.Here we will be sharing full step by step guide to Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Official Marshmallow Android 6.0
The Android Marshmallow 6.0 Official Update comes with loads of extra features.You will also get the DOZE Mode with great battery optimization.This update comes with loads of bug fixes and security patches.The OTA Update is stable enough to be used as daily driver.
- Make sure there is at least 70% battery left on your smartphone before beginning the process.
- This firmware update is only for Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML/ZE550ML)
- Before you begin the flashing process, first download Asus USB drivers On your PC
- Enable developer option and USB debugging.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Zenfone 2 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Download Official Marshmallow Firmware For Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML/ZE550ML) [icon name=”hand-o-down” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
Download ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML Marshmallow Full OTA file – Download / Mirror
Download ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE550ML Marshmallow Full OTA file – Download / Mirror
(thanks to asus-zenfone.com for the mirror links)
(Note:Because of errors and bugs the files were removed.We will update this post with working links soon)
How to Manually Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Official Marshmallow Android 6.0 Via ADB & fastboot
- First of all setup ADB & fast boot On Your Computer.Guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows Or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Then download the OTA file from the download section.
- Boot into recovery mode by pressing Power+Volume down. (First power off)
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]
[icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways) [/symple_box]
- Now Choose Apply Update from ADB
- Connect your device to Computer and trust the connection by checking “Always allow from this computer”
- Now Open command window from the marshmallow folder (press shift+right click on an empty space and click on open command here)
- To check whether your device is properly connected or not issue the following command
If your device is shown then you are ready for the next step
- Now flash the Android Marshmallow OTA File by issuing the command below
adb sideload File Name.zip
Just replace the OTA update file name
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device.
- Done!! your Asus Zenfone 2 should have the latest android 6.0 marshmallow
Guide to Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Official Marshmallow Android 6.0 Via Recovery
- Download the ROM (OTA Update) file from the download section
- Boot your device into recovery mode by pressing Power+Volume down
- Now follow this guide to Flash official marshmallow OTA Update Zip file via Stock recovery [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To Install Official OTA Update Via Stock Recovery
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂
Source – Asus, Asus-zenfone.com