Download and Install Lineage OS 16 On Nokia 6.1 2018 | Android 9.0 Pie (pl2): Nokia being one of the most trusted mobile manufacturers has a great developer community. The new Nokia 6.1 2018 has received the latest build of Lineage OS which is Lineage OS 16. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Nokia 6.1 2018 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Previously the device has received Lineage Os 15.1 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Nokia 6.1 2018 user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Nokia 6.1 2018. We are thankful to TheImpulson, Recognized Xda Contributor for the ROM
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM. There will be a few bugs present as it is in its alpha stage. This is the first release of this unofficial Lineage OS 16 ROM For the Nokia 6.1 2018 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed. Before flashing make sure to check the official Xda thread for issues. Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install Lineage OS 16 Pie ROM On Nokia 6.1 2018. Update Nokia 6.1 2018 to Android 9 Pie Via Lineage OS 16
The all new Nokia 6.1 was launched in January 2018. It comes equipped with a large 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The Nokia 6.1 is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 (14 nm) CPU coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. It has a 32/64GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The Nokia 6.1 sports a single 16 MP, f/2.0, 27mm (wide) rear camera and an 8 MP front camera with autofocus. The Nokia 6.1 runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box and it will be updated to Android 9.0 Pie in coming months. It houses a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with Fast charging support.. Now the device has received the most popular Lineage OS 16 ROM which means users can now Download and Install Nokia 6.1 2018 Android 9 Pie via Lineage OS 16
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Nokia 6.1 2018 .
- Lineage OS 16 for Nokia 6.1 2018 || Check official Xda thread for new links and informations
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 16 ROMs
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Nokia 6.1 2018 | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.