Root Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P and Install TWRP On Android Nougat 7.0: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE tablet was released in July 2015.It has a humongous 9.70-inch display with a resolution of 1536 pixels by 2048 pixels at a PPI of 264 pixels per inch.The device is powered by 1.3GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 5433 processor which is paired with 3GB of RAM.It comes with 32GB of internal storage (expandable up to 128GB via a microSD card).Tablets are not meant for photos still the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 LTE sports a 8-megapixel main camera on the rear and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies.The device runs Android 5.0 and houses a 5870mAh non-removable battery
If you are new to rooting then it may look very difficult to you but trust me it is not that difficult.In the earlier days, it was very hard to gain root access due to the lack of developers and Android users but now things have changed.Google’s Android is the largest mobile operating system in the world and there are many developers working day and night to improve its ecosystem.
This guide is only for the Sprint model of Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, so don’t try this on any other variant of the device.Follow all the steps carefully to avoid bricking device kind of situation.The procedure is very simple and easy to follow.We recommend you to charge your device to 80% or above before following the guide.
If you happen to be a Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P user who is looking for ways to root their device, then this post will be extremely helpful for you. In this post, we will give all the basic information such as what is rooting, what are its benefits, among others. Then, we will give a step-by-step guide to help you root your device within no time.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.Follow the step by step careful to get your device rooted without any issues.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC. (check download section below)
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Install Samsung Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P USB Drivers.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P
How To Install TWRP and Root Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P On Android Nougat 7.0
If you want to root your device then you have to install TWRP via Odin then you can flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get root access.We recommend Magisk method
Installing TWRP On Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your device from the download section above (Download according to your model)
- Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery OnSprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P >
How to Root Samsung Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu | Root Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P (Not Tested)
- Download the latest zip (use the supersu from the download section)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk | Root Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P (Recomended)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root Samsung Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817P successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!