After Samsung Galaxy A10, now Galaxy A20 users can also Install Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy A20 | Android 9.0 Pie (GSI). The available ROM is a GSI Image file and can be installed on project treble supported devices. Now, the Android 9.0 Pie version can be installed on the smartphone via the Lineage OS 16 GSI ROM which is a custom ROM that is very close to stock and it is based on AOSP.
The Samsung Galaxy A20 is a bigger version of A10 and it comes in a very budget price tag. The device comes equipped with a 6.4-inch AMOLED display. It is powered by an Exynos 7884 processor and houses a 4000mAh battery. It sports a dual rear camera setup.
GSI Stands for Generic system image. It is a system image close to “pure Android” based on unmodified Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. GSI ROMs can be installed on supported project treble enabled devices. Now there are many Android 9.0 Pie based GSI ROM made available for project trebled devices. Lineage OS 16 Pie is now made available for various devices. The new update added many important features like more network modes support to Flippable Quick Settings, Roadrunner mode, Multi-window, Daydream enhancements, 3D depth Phase Beam and many more.
Like all other Custom ROMs, Lineage OS 16 is a based on AOSP source code. The latest Lineage OS Version is Lineage OS 16 and it is based on Google’s latest Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy A20 Features | Android 9.0 Pie
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy A20.
- Lineage OS 16 for Samsung Galaxy A20 (GSI – Download the latest One)
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 16 ROMs
How to Install Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy A20 | Android 9.0 Pie (GSI- Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Using ADB and fastboot
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Now transfer the file (GSI system .img) to the ADB folder
- Connect your device to PC and boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Now Open command windows there or Windows power shell and issue the following command
"fastboot flash system <image name>.img"
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 16 ROM Based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram