Download and Install Stable OxygenOS 5.1.0 (Android 8.1 Oreo) For OnePlus 5/5T: Finally OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5 have started receiving stable Android 8.1 Oreo update officially.The latest update comes as a Stable build of OxygenOS 5.1.0.Previously OnePlus has released some beta build of OxygenOs which were based on Android 8.1 Oreo but this is a stable build which means it will be very stable and can be used as daily driver.
The Beta build updates are only available for the beta testers but the stable update will be available to everyone having OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.The update has started rolling in some of the regions and it will take few days to available across the Globe.
OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T were released last year and have similar hardware and features.The OnePlus 5T has an 18:9 display and different dual rear camera.Both the devices were powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 coupled with 6/8GB Of RAM and 64/128GB of onboard storage.OnePlus 5/5T comes with a close to stock firmware called OxygenOS which makes these devices one of the fastest in the market.
What’s New In OxygenOS 5.1.0:
- Updated system to Android 8.1 Oreo
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support (Only 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost – network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 and 5T users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Download Stable OxygenOS 5.1.0 (Android 8.1 Oreo) For OnePlus 5/5T
Steps to Install Stable OxygenOS 5.1.0 (Android 8.1 Oreo) On OnePlus 5/5T
You can either choose the ADB method to flash the update file from your PC or can directly install from the recovery mode. Both the methods are listed below, please read through to find out.
*Currently we only have the OTA Zip files so use the Recovery Method.
ADB and fastboot method:
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer (Check Pre-Requirement section above)
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your OnePlus 5/5T into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when the process is completed
Recovery mode method:
- Save the downloaded file on to the device internal storage
- Power off the device
- Tap and hold power button and volume button to boot the device on to recovery mode
- Select install from internal storage/install from local
- Choose the downloaded update file
- When the process is completed reboot the device
Hope you are clear with the guide. If you have any queries or feedback leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.