Here in this guide, we will discuss how you can easily Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel 3a / 3a XL. Just like all other previous generation devices, both the Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL comes with a locked bootloader, but Google allows users to unlock the bootloader of its devices.
The bootloader unlocking process is quite simple and easy to follow. You need to have a computer to follow the guide. We will go through all the steps which are required to unlock the bootloader on Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. Unlocking bootloader of an android device is very important if you want to tweak the system (core) of the device.
Bootloader and Process of Android Rooting
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP recovery.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel 3a / 3a XL
- First, enable Developers Options on your device
- Now, setup ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Now go to ADB and Fastboot Folder then do Shift + Right Click to select Open Command Prompt / Window’s new power shell window Here.
- Connect your device to PC using provided USB
- Boot your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL to bootloader mode using this:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now to unlock your phone enter this command in terminal:
fastboot flashing unlock
- On your phone allow the device to be unlocked (use vol keys to navigate and power key to select)
- Once the Google Pixel 3 or Google Pixel 3 XL is unlocked, they will restart to Bootloader mode again.
- Now enter this to restart your phone normally:
- Make sure to backup all your data as unlocking bootloader process will delete all your data.
For Rooting, check our latest post: How To Root Pixel 3a / 3a XL With Magisk (No TWRP Required)
If you have any question regarding this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below 🙂