Verizon has released a new software update for Google Pixel 5. This is the 8th system update for Verizon-bound Pixel 5 which brings the June 2021 security patch, several improvements, and a couple of new features.
The June update for Verizon’s Google Pixel 5 carries software version RQ3A.210605.005. It brings several new features such as Locked Folder feature to secure your photos and videos, Astrophotography Time-lapse mode in Camera, Pride-themed wallpapers, ringtones & notifications, Heads Up feature in Digital Wellbeing, Clipboard chips in Gboard, and Call Actions by invoking Assistant.
The new update expands Car crash detection feature to Spain, Ireland, Singapore, and the Call screen v1 is now available in Japan. In addition to these new features and June security patch, the update brings optimizations to many areas including performance, stability, and battery. You can read the changelog give below for a more detailed look at new changes.
Verizon Google Pixel 5 June 2021 update changelog:
The June software update includes the most recent security patches, and improvements across many areas including performance, stability, battery, and more.
New features introduced in the Pixel June Feature drop include:
- Camera + Photos: Locked Folder
- A new feature across Google Photos and Pixel that helps you keep your photos and videos from being seen, shared, or searched for.
- Camera: Astrophotography Time-lapse
- Take mesmerizing time-lapses of the night sky without advanced and expensive hardware.
- Pride Wallpapers & Sounds
- Find new Pride-themed wallpapers, ringtones, and notifications for your Pixels.
- Digital Wellbeing: Heads Up
- A new feature within Android’s Digital Wellbeing settings that reminds pedestrians to stay alert when they are looking at their phone’s screen while walking.
- Safety: Car crash detection – Expansion
- When car crash detection is turned on in the Personal Safety app, your phone can quickly detect if you’ve been in a severe car accident. Car crash detection is now supported in Spain, Ireland and Singapore.
- Dialer: Call screen v1 – Expansion
- With Call Screen, Google Assistant finds out who’s calling and why before you pick up. That helps you save time and avoid unwanted calls. Now available in Japan.
- Recorder: Expand to additional English locales
- Recorder can now transcribe in multiple English locales in Great Britain, Ireland, Austrailia and Singapore.
- Gboard: Clipboard chips
- Easily copy and paste emails, URLs, phone numbers, and more across apps.
- Assistant: Call Actions
- Users can answer an incoming call by invoking assistant and telling it to answer the call, e.g., “Hey Google, answer call” or “Hey Google, reject call”.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.