Xiaomi Mi A1 OPM1.171019.019.8.4.9 Android 8.1 Oreo April 2018 Security Update (Beta ROM): The latest April 2018 security Patch Update with Android 8.1 Oreo is now finally available for Xiaomi Mi A1. It comes with the build number OPM1.171019.019.8.4.9. This new update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo firmware and it is going to be a beta update. Other than the monthly security fixes, this update will also bring stability to the device, have performance optimization, and other bug fixes. This update will weigh around 440 MB.
The users can get this update via OTA or over-the-air as it has already begun to roll out. Gradually, it will be made available for all Mi A1 devices all over the globe. At present, it is seeding in the Indian region and is getting a wonderful reception. For updating your device, go to Device Settings -> System Update -> Check for Update. If the update is available, download and install it.
If you are one of those users who cannot wait for the OTA update to reach your device, then you can download and install this update manually. All that you need to do is complete few downloads, and then follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
- Take a full backup of your device data as everything will be wiped out.
- The battery charge should at least be 60% to prevent accidental shutdown.
- Your Xiaomi Mi A1 must have the bootloader unlocked.
- Your computer must have ADB and Fastboot installed.
This method is for Xiaomi Mi A1 only. If you perform any of the following steps wrong, your device may get bricked. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to your device. So, proceed at your own risk.
Best Custom ROMs List > Xiaomi Mi A1 Custom ROMs Collection | Android Nougat and Oreo[/mks_pullquote]
Note: Download Links are not available as of now, but we will update this post in few days with working links.
Steps To Install OPM1.171019.019.8.4.9 April 2018 Security Update (Beta)
Method 1: Using TWRP (Only TWRP Flashable ROM -Rooted)
- Download the TWRP flashable firmware and save it to your device
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) (so that you can flash the backup if anything goes wrong)
- Now, Go to Install section on your TWRP
- Now locate the flashable firmware and swipe to start flashing
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
Method 2: Using Fastboot (Fastboot ROM/Firmware File)
- First Enable ‘USB debugging’ option.Guide > How To Enable USB Debugging On Android Oreo 8.0/8.1
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac
- Download the Fastboot ROM from above extract in a folder where adb is installed.
- Now Run “flash_A.bat” for flash to the slot “A” or “flash_B.bat” for flash to the slot “B“.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.