Samsung Galaxy A20S (SM-A207F) has started receiving the August 2020 security patch update. The update brings the software version number A207FXXU2BTI1. It is based on Google’s Android 10.
As per early reports, the update is being spun out in some Asian, the Middle Eastern and African countries. If the update has not been on your device’s system update section, then just wait for few more days for the update to come, else you can manually download and flash the A207FXXU2BTI1 August 2020 Security Patch on Galaxy A20S using Odin by following our guide.
Galaxy A20S August Security Patch update
As we mentioned it above the update brings the latest security patch update which was released by Google in August Security. Most of the security vulnerabilities have been addressed. It also brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung Galaxy A20S which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
- August 2020 Google Security patch
- Bug Fixes
- Security and Performance improvements
Steps to Install August 2020 Security Patch on Galaxy A20S
Installation Guide (Manual Flashing using Odin)
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On your Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note:Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining