Download and Install Android 8.0 AOSP ROM On Sony Xperia XZ: Sony released the Xperia XZ, the flagship lineup towards the end of last year. The device was powered by the Snapdragon 820 processor and 3GB of RAM. The Xperia XZ released with Android Marshmallow 6.0 and it was later updated to Android Nougat 7.1.1. Sony has also announced that the device might get an official update to the Android Oreo 8.0 but the date is not revealed yet.
If you cannot wait any longer for the official update, you can manually install a custom AOSP ROM based on Android Oreo 8.0 right now on your Xperia XZ. Android Oreo 8.0 was unveiled last month by Google and it comes with several interesting features and updates. Some of the features include a picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts, app notification badges and more. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
XDA developer fast booking posted the zip files for this AOSP ROM on the XDA forums. The ROM is unofficial and it is currently in the initial stages of development. So, some of the features might not work as of you expect. But it is stable enough to be used as a daily driver. However, it is advisable to take a complete backup of your system to restore back to the stable version before you Download and Install Android 8.0 AOSP ROM On Sony Xperia XZ.
- This guide is only for the Sony Xperia XZ
- A complete Android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your drive.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM For Sony Xperia XZ> Download
- Download Official GApps For Android Oreo 8.0
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Android 8.0 AOSP ROM On Sony Xperia XZ
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.