Download and Install Android 8.0 AOSP ROM On Xperia SP : Sony released the entry level Xperia SP 4 years back with Android JellyBean 4.1 and it was later upgraded to 4.2. While Sony might have forgotten about the device, the developers have taken care of updates for the Xperia SP all these years and have released custom ROMs for all major Android version updates. The recent custom ROM released for Xperia SP is based on Android Oreo 8.0, the latest version of Android.
Android Oreo 8.0 was unveiled last month by Google and it comes with several interesting features and updates. Some of the features include picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts, app notification badges and more. It is also said to be the safest version of Android yet with improved system permissions and API integration.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The custom ROM released for the Xperia SP is an AOSP based ROM and is currently running on Android Oreo 8.0. The ROM is unofficial and it is currently in the initial stages of development. So, some of the features like the camera and bluetooth might not work as of you expect. Therefore take a complete backup of your system to restore back to the stable version before you Download and Install Android 8.0 AOSP ROM On Xperia SP.
- This guide is only for the Sony Xperia SP
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your drive.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM For Sony Xperia SP > Download
- Download Official GApps For Android Oreo 8.0
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Android 8.0 AOSP ROM On Sony Xperia SP
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.