Download and Install AOSP Pie ROM On Razer Phone (GSI Phh-Treble): The Razer Phone was released in 2017 with Android 7.1 Nougat and later updated to Android 8.1 Oreo. We are not sure about the official Pie update for the device. There were roumers that the device will get the Pie update in 2019 but for now there is nothing confirmed. so users have to install third-party custom ROMs to try Android 9.0 Pie on their device at least for now. Luckily the device has been getting great support from the developer’s community. We great news for Razer Phone users. Now there is an unofficial but fully functional AOSP ROM available for the device. So if you own a Razer Phone, then you can update it to Android 9.0 Pie.
Now, the Android 9.0 Pie version can be installed on the smartphone via the AOSP ROM which is a custom ROM that is very close to stock and it is based on AOSP. Talking about the Android 9.0 Pie update for Android, this version has been released by Google and the final stable update has been rolled out by Google to the Pixel devices as well as some newer project treble supported devices.
We would like to thank phhusson , Senior Member over Xda for developing and sharing the Android 9.0 Pie-based AOSP ROM For Razer Phone. According to the developer, the ROM is currently in testing stage and can’t be used as a daily driver. Now follow the guide to Install AOSP Pie ROM On Razer Phone (Android 9.0). If you want more information about the ROM, then visit the Official Xda thread here
- NFC on some devices
- The front camera on Razer Phone
- Stock AOSP camera app on some devices. Please use OpenCamera app
Full ROM List: Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Razer Phone (Pie and Oreo)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install AOSP Pie ROM On your Moto
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download the Android 9.0 AOSP Pie ROM (ARM64)
- Download Official GApps For AOSP Pie ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk supports Android Pie | Android 9.0 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install AOSP Pie ROM On Razer Phone | Android 9.0 Pie Update (GSI)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery (Version 3.2.1 or Higher) installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into AOSP ROM Based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.