Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F is currently receiving G901FXXS1CQI5 security patch update. Samsung started rolling out a new update for Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F that installs the 01.08.2017 Android security patch. The update is being rolled out via over-the-air (OTA) and carries the build number G901FXXS1CQI5. As already mentioned at the start, the update installs the 01.08.2017 Android security patch, which is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Security patch date is 01.08.2017 released for Samsung S5 Plus users in Netherlands. If you don’t see any new update, here we have provided download links along with installation method.
We highly recommend users to Update Galaxy S5 Plus To SM-G901F G901FXXS1CQI5 Firmware OTA as it comes with the latest security patch and manyu bug fixes.If you device is rooted then you may not receive the update, in that case you have to Download and manually Install Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F G901FXXS1CQI5 Firmware Update.
This update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air).Those who didn’t wait for OTA they can also try manually pulling the firmware by going to the Settings –> About Device –> Check for Updates and download it manually. If you want to wait for OTA, then it may take few days to reach all corners for the world.If the update is not available in your region try using some VPN Like Oper VPN to capture the OTA (non-rooted users only)
What’s new in the Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F G901FXXS1CQI5 Firmware Update
- Android September Security patch.
- Device Stability improvements
- Bug fixes.
- Performance improvements.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F was released in 201. It includes a 5.2 and 4.6-inch 1080x1920p display, this device is loaded with Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset, Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 450 CPU, Adreno 420 GPU with 3GB of RAM, and 16/32GB of internal storage and 16MP rear camera with 2MP selfie shooter with 2800 mAh battery. It comes with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) out of the box.
- This Update is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F device.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your device are installed on the PC.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F G901FXXS1CQI5 Firmware Update: coming soon..
Steps to Install Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F G901FXXS1CQI5 Firmware Update
- Download Android Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F.
- Download and install latest ODIN tool from above download section.
- Now Follow our in-depth guides on how to download and install official Samsung firmware files via Odin!
HOW TO INSTALL A STOCK FIRMWARE USING ODIN
Before proceeding for installation make sure that you have atleast 50%-60% battery on your device and we strongly recommend to download the update via WIFI network to avoid data charges.