Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 4 (cancro) | Android 8.0 Oreo: Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Mi 4 3 years back with Android KitKat 4.4 which was the latest version of Android at that time. While Xiaomi generally stops with one major Android update to its devices, sometimes not even that, the Xiaomi Mi 4 surprisingly received 2 major updates including Android Lollipop and Marshmallow. While the device is definitely not going to get any more official updates, a custom ROM based on Android Oreo 8.0 has just released for the Xiaomi Mi 4.
The custom ROM is known as Lineage OS which is the successor of the popular CyanogenMod. It is based on Android Oreo 8.0, the latest version of Android launched last month by Google. It comes with a lot of customization options and some interesting features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. You can follow the below steps to manually Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 4 (cancro) if you want to check out the features of Android Oreo 8.0. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The ROM is developed by ShivamKumarJha and he has posted the links to the ROM on the XDA forums for Xiaomi Mi 4 (Cancro). Even though the ROM comes with all the latest features and functionality of Android Oreo, some features might not work properly as it is still in the development stage. But you can test it out without any issue. Also, it only works on the Mi 4 codenamed Cancro so don’t try to install it on other variants of the device. Just follow the below instructions to Update Mi 4 (cancro) To Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage Os 15.
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Mi 4 (cancro).
- A complete Android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 4 (cancro)> Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 4 (cancro) | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.