Download and Install Lineage OS 16 On Lenovo Vibe K5(Plus) | Android 9.0 Pie (A6020): The Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus is a popular device thanks to its wide array of exciting specifications and features. It comes with a 5.0-inch IPS LCD capacitive screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a powerful Qualcomm MSM8939v2 Snapdragon 616 Octa Core processor, Adreno 405 GPU, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM storage capacity, and a removable 2750mAh Li-Ion battery. It comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop OS, and its other features include a 13.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, USB OTG, and more.
Finally, the Lenovo Vibe K5(Plus) has started getting the unofficial Lineage OS 16. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Lenovo Vibe K5(Plus) based on Android 9.0 Pie. We are thankful to Harry8242 for the ROM. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Lenovo Vibe K5(Plus) user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Lenovo Vibe K5(Plus).
The Android 9.0 Pie is the latest version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 9.0 Pie, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Official Lineage OS 16 on Lenovo Vibe K5(Plus) based on Android 9.0 Pie is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, Digital Wellbeing, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive battery, Gesture-based navigation, Slices and Adaptive brightness. Follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage OS 16 on Lenovo Vibe K5(Plus) (Android 9.0 Pie).
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Lenovo Vibe K5(Plus) .
Full List Of Devices: [Download] List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 Pie)[/mks_pullquote]
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Lenovo Vibe K5(Plus) | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- User has to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Lenovo Vibe K5(Plus)
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.