Here is a list of available AOSP Android 9 Pie ROM For All Supported Android Phones. With time development of custom ROMs has been improved. Google released the official Android Pie 9.0 update a few weeks ago and we already have AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROMs for many Android smartphones. This is really an awesome thing. A few years ago, it used to take 2-3 months to get a custom ROM which is based on the latest Android version.
Pie is easily one of the biggest Android updates Google has ever released. This operating system will be using AI heavily and it will come with an all-new navigation system that has become a necessity after the advent of bezel-less screens. Another major development in this latest update is going to be the inclusion of Digital Wellbeing. The special feature has been released especially after the manufacturers and developed realized the importance of sometimes cutting off users from social media and notifications.
Recently, Google launched Android Pie, the ninth iteration of its operating system. Android Pie will be following on from Android Oreo – both alphabetically as well as in its sweet/dessert theme. Almost 85% of all the smartphones sold in 2018 have been running a version of Android. However, less than 13 per cent of all those Android smartphones sold actually use the Oreo OS. With Android Pie being available on only Google Pixel devices initially, it is highly unlikely that it will be capturing much of the market in the upcoming weeks. But, when its wider release will be coming later this year, a lot of features could tempt a lot of users to upgrade.
Here is a look at some of the most impressive aspects of the latest Android Pie firmware-
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like EXTENDED or 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Steps To Install AOSP Android 9 Pie ROM On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Available AOSP 9 Pie ROM (All Supported Devices Listed Below)
Note: Download Gapps For Android Pie 9.0. You have to flash this via TWRP after installing the ROM to use google apps and services.
|Device Name||Download Link|
|Google Nexus 6P||Check the article here|
|Google/LG Nexus 5||Check the article here|
|Essential Phone PH-1||Check the article here|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 [klte]||Check the article here|
|Google Nexus 10||Check the article here|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 3||Check the article here|
|Huawei Mate 10 Lite||Check the article here|
|Huawei Honor 6X||Check the article here|
|LeEco Le Max 2||Check the article here|
|Moto E 2015||Check the article here|
|Huawei P10 Lite||Check the article here|
|Lenovo Zuk Z1||Check the article here|
|Huawei Nova 2i||Check the article here|
|Huawei Honor 7X||Check the article here|
|Huawei Honor 8 Pro||Check the article here|
|Google Nexus 6||Check the article here|
|OnePlus One||Check the article here|
|ZTE Axon 7||Check the article here|
|LG V30||Check the article here|
|Xiaomi Mi 6||Check the article here|
|Huawei Honor 8 Lite||Check the article here|
|Huawei P9 Lite||Check the article here|
|Huawei P8 Lite 2017||Check the article here|
|OnePlus 2||Check the article here|
|OnePlus X||Check the article here|
|Moto G 2015||Check the article here|
|Xiaomi Redmi 2||Check the article here|
|Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1||Check the article here|
|OnePlus 5||Check the article here|
|OnePlus 5T||Check the article here|
|OnePlus 3||Check the article here|
|OnePlus 3T||Check the article here|
|Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)||Check the article here|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro||Check the article here|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3||Check the article here|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 5||Check the article here|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Plus||Check the article here|
|Xiaomi Redmi 4X||Check the article here|
|Xiaomi Mi 3||Check the article here|
|Xiaomi Mi 4||Check the article here|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 4||Check the article here|
|Moto Z Play||Check the article here|
|Huawei Mate 10 Pro||Check the article here|
|Huawei Honor 7X||Check the article here|
|Huawei Honor View 10||Check the article here|
If you have any question or suggestion, feel free to leave those in the comment section down below.