The Doogee X5 Max Pro was launched last year with a 5 inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and a Quad Core MediaTek processor. The device was an entry level variant from Doogee with 5-megapixel cameras on the front and back and a 16GB internal storage memory. The Doogee X5 Max Pro was released with Android Marshmallow 6.0 based on a custom skin and the company did not announce any future plans for the software updates for the device.
So, your Doogee X5 Max Pro might not receive any more official updates from the manufacturer. However, if you wish to update your device to the latest version of Android, then you can install an unofficial build of LineageOS 14.1 based on Android Nougat 7.1.1 which was recently released for the device. The custom ROM is in the initial stages of development, so many features might not work in this build.
But if you still want to try out Android Nougat 7.1 on your device and experience the latest features it has to offer, you can try installing the unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on your Doogee X5 Max Pro manually by following our step by step instructions below. Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before you proceed to restore it in case the ROM is not working or booting up.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help about any problems within our reach.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
Steps To Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Doogee X5 Max Pro
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 14.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.