Samsung is currently rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo in Oreo Beta Program for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. Till now Samsung released 3 Beta updates and one HotFix for the S8 and S8+ devices. Now it’s time for Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U, it started receiving official Android Oreo update. At&T company is currently releasing Android 8.0 Oreo OTA updates for Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 users have captured the OTA update and made a copy for all of us. The Android 8.0 Oreo update is tagged with build number N950USQU2CQL1 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U USA Snapdragon variants.
Almost all the AT&T device OTA updates can be easily captured. Many users use this method to capture unreleased OTA updates of some AT&T devices. Same way Android 8.0 Oreo for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U Snapdragon variants is being seeded on AT&T servers. the latest update features Android 8.0 Oreo, latest Android security patch, Samsung 9.0 Experience, and much more.
The OTA update can be installed manually in sideload method using ADB Method. All the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Snapdragon variants with model number SM-N950U can be updated including T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, or unlocked device. Now go ahead and download the OTA update and Install it on your device.
Before you start installing the N950USQU2CQL1 Android Oreo OTA update, keep in mind that this is not Full firmware, it is an OTA Update. To install this you have to on the previous Android 7.0 Nougat based N950USQS2BQK2 firmware.
- This Update is only for Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your device are installed on the PC.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
- Galaxy Note 8 – N950USQS2BQK2
- Galaxy Note 8 – N950USQS2BQK2 GDrive (mirror)
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update on Galaxy Note 8
- First, Enable “USB Debugging” on your Galaxy Note 8. Guide How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Now download and install adb drivers on your PC
- Install the Samsung USB drivers On PC
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Then, switch off your phone and reboot into recovery mode (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button.)
- Now execute the following codes
- Now, Install Nougat firmware executing the following command.
adb sideload <finename>
- Wait until the installation process completes
If you have any queries regarding this then ask in the comment section.
Hope you have installed Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update on Galaxy Note 8. If you any issues, let us know in the comment section below.