Download/Install Mi A1 OPR1.170623.026.v9.5.9 March 2018 Security Update (v9.5.9): Hello all Xiaomi Mi A1 readers! Today, we are here with amazing news for all of you. After all this waiting, the update for March 2018 security patch for Xiaomi Mi A1 has started to roll out. It comes with the build number OPR1.170623.026.v220.127.116.11.ODHMIFA. This new update is going to be based on Android 8.0 Oreo firmware and it is going to be a stable update. Other than the monthly security fixes, this update will also bring stability to the device, have performance optimization, and other bug fixes. This update will weigh around 440 MB.
The users can get this update via OTA or over-the-air as it has already begun to roll out. Gradually, it will be made available for all Mi A1 devices all over the globe. At present, it is seeding in the Indian region and is getting a wonderful reception. For updating your device, go to Device Settings -> System Update -> Check for Update. If the update is available, download and install it.
If you are one of those users who cannot wait for the OTA update to reach your device, then you can download and install this update manually. All that you need to do is complete few downloads, and then follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
This method is for Xiaomi Mi A1 only. If you perform any of the following steps wrong, your device may get bricked. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to your device. So, proceed at your own risk.
- Download TWRP Flashable ROM for Xiaomi Mi A1 (V18.104.22.168.ODHMIFA) – Download (Download Tissot-T ROM)
- Download OPR1.170623.026.9.5.9 Fastboot ROM – Download (Download Tissot-F ROM)
Best Custom ROMs List > Xiaomi Mi A1 Custom ROMs Collection | Android Nougat and Oreo[/mks_pullquote]
Steps To Install OPR1.170623.026.v9.5.9 March 2018 Security Update (v9.5.9)
Method 1: Using TWRP (Only TWRP Flashable ROM -Rooted)
- Download the TWRP flashable firmware and save it to your device
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) (so that you can flash the backup if anything goes wrong)
- Now, Go to Install section on your TWRP
- Now locate the flashable firmware and swipe to start flashing
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
Method 2: Using Fastboot (Fastboot ROM/Firmware File)
- First Enable ‘USB debugging’ option.Guide > How To Enable USB Debugging On Android Oreo 8.0/8.1
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac
- Download Mi A1 OPR1.170623.026.9.5.9.0.ODHMIFA Fastboot ROM from above extract in a folder where adb is installed.
- Now Run “flash_A.bat” for flash to the slot “A” or “flash_B.bat” for flash to the slot “B“.
Source Credit – (XDA Member Displax)