Finally, Asus has released Official Android 7.0 Nougat OTA for Asus Zenfone 3. This really good news for all Asus customers, as Asus always stay behind in releasing latest updates, Even the Marshmallow was lately released in last year. This update is kind of new yer surprise for zenfone 3 users. Nougat update is rolling via OTA. This update is currently rolled out in the Philippines, but it will soon spread to all corners of the world.
This official Android Nougat update will be rolling out in phase manner. You can check for the update from settings > about device > software update. If there is no update, then you have to wait for the update to come to your region.It may take few weeks to reach all corners of the world. But if you can’t wait for the official OTA Update then you can manually Update to Android Nougat update for Asus Zenfone 3.
This is update is packed with all new Android Nougat features like Multiwindow, Improved, Vulkan API, Doze, Notifications, Seamless update, New Messaging Apps, along with many other exciting features. This update is rolling via OTA (Over-The-Air). Below there is Step by Step guide for Downloading and installing Official Android 7.0 Nougat OTA for Asus Zenfone 3
Links will be added soon.
For more updates check out a thread from Xda here
Steps to Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat OTA for Asus Zenfone 3
- Set Up Asus USB Drivers On Your PC
- First of all setup ADB & fast boot On Your Computer. Guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows Or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Then download the OTA file from the download section.
- Connect your device to Computer and Trust the connection by checking “Always allow from this computer”
- Put the downloaded OTA Firmware file inside the Fastboot folder
- Now open the command window from the ADB & Fastboot folder.hold the shift key on the keyboard and right-click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a cmd window
- Then boot your device into bootloader mode by issuing the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now issue the following command to check ADB Connection
- Then run the following command to Install the OTA Update Firmware file
adb sideload <filename.zip>
- Once the installation is completed, reboot your device by running below command
- Done!!! You have successfully Installed Asus ZenFone 3 to Android Nougat.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section