The OnePlus 8 has started receiving the OxygenOS 10.5.10 update. It brings the June 2020 security patch to the device. The update bumps the OxygenOS version 10.5.8 to 10.5.10. The update size is around 150MB.
The update fixes the issue with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video unable to play HD video on some machines
The latest update brings security and performance enhancement to the device. The update also addresses many major bugs like display issues. This also improves the Bluetooth connection and stability. For gamers, the update improves the video playing effect in low brightness. You should check the full changelog below.
So, if you’re already running the previous OxygenOs on your OnePlus 8, then you can check for the software OTA update on your device for once. To do this, head over to the Settings – System – System update – Check for update. if available, you can download and install the OTA. Otherwise, you can manually do so by following our guide.
- Optimized the touch and interaction experience
- Optimized the power consumption performance of the system, battery life extended to be longer than ever
- Optimized the high-temperature warning to improve user experience
- Fixed the failure to full-charge when the battery was charged to 90% and above in a few circumstances
- Fixed the issue with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video unable to play HD video on some machines
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.06
- Adjusted Photochrom filter (OnePlus 8 only)
- Improved the shooting experience with the camera and improved stability
- Cloud service
- Added the file disk section in the file manager: now conveniently upload and store all your files on OnePlus Cloud seamlessly (India only)
- Band 46 CA combo enabled for India Network (India only)
- Improved the stability of communication
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfers
- Optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness
- Download: Global (10.5.10)
Note: Indian variant’s OTA is not available yet.
We hope you’ve found this article useful. Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.