Here we are sharing a detailed guide to Install Lineage OS 17 On Google Pixel | Android 10 (sailfish). Google Pixel has already received the official Android 10 update from Google and many of you may have already installed it on your device. But if you want to try out the latest Lineage OS build, we have got you covered here.
The available Lineage OS 17 for the device is in its initial build which means there will be bugs present but we are sure in coming days the developer will fix all the bugs, For now we recommend not to flash the ROM on your primary device. We are thankful to Xda developer razorloves for the ROM file.
The Google Pixel was released in 2016. Google Pixel comes has a 5-inch touchscreen display with 2K or qHD resolution at a PPI of 534 pixels per inch. The Google Pixel is powered by 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB of internal storage which cannot be expanded. It sports a 12.3-megapixel primary camera and an 8-megapixel front camera for selfies
Lineage OS 17 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Google Pixel.
IMPORTANT NOTES FROM The Developer
1. It seems newer versions of twrp have issues mounting the system and vendor partitions, so use TWRP 3.3.0-0.
2. When using twrp it will ask if you want to install the twrp app. Make sure you tap “DO NOT INSTALL”.
3. If you care about your stuff, make a backup in TWRP first, just in case. Transfer it to a pc, along with your stuff in /sdcard.
4. Gapps are included in my builds for right now, since no one has made one for Q. Basically I just added the playstore, google app, & gmail.
5. The newest vendor, radio, & bootloader img’s are included in my builds, so no need to worry about flashing those manually.
6. Remember, lineage-17.0 is very new and in-work, so all custom features from 16.0 have not been ported over yet.
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 On Google Pixel | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.