In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on OnePlus 3 (CyanogenMod 14.1 / Android 7.1 Nougat):The OnePlus 3 undoubtedly is the company’s best offering till date, and it has stepped into a fight with the more serious flagships like the ones from Samsung, HTC, Apple, and Google. However, what differentiates the OnePlus 3 from the others is just the stupidly affordable price tag. When compared to the $600, $700, or even $1000 price tags of its competitors, the OnePlus 3 is the best flagship out there.
However, as we know, not every smartphone OEM is perfect. The field where OnePlus lags behind is its inconsistent and slow updates. It has already been months since Android Nougat has officially been announced, and even phones like the Moto G4 Plus have received their official updates, while the OnePlus 3 is still struggling hard to get its update. However, we have something that might interest you a lot.
Very recently, Cyanogen announced the debut of their newest build of ROMs – CyanogenMod 14.1. CM 14.1 is built off of Android Nougat 7.1, which is even more newer than most of the official firmwares out there. Good for you, many devices have received the CM 14.1 official update, and the OnePlus 3 is one of them!
Since this is an official nightly build, you will be getting OTAs every single day, however, we cannot promise that this ROM is a 100% stable. Cyanogen has itself mentioned that many new features are yet to come, but for the most part, they have eliminated almost all the bugs, so this ROM should be pretty stable for a daily driver. In this in-depth guide, we will be learning How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on OnePlus 3.
Supported Devices: This guide is only for the OnePlus 3. Flashing it on any other device of other model will brick it.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the OnePlus 3 only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
CyanogenMod 14.1 For OnePlus 3 → Download Link
└download the latest built according to date
How to Flash Official CM 14.1 On OnePlus 3
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your OnePlus 3 using your data cable.
- Reboot your OnePlus 3 into the recovery mode. Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to flash Official CM 14.1 on OnePlus 3 [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs.
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on OnePlus 3. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build of CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Lastly, you can refer to this article to find out which devices have gotten the official CM 14.1 update till now [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Official CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightly Released (Download) [/symple_box]
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.