This guide will help you to Safely Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo ZUK Z1.Yes now TWRP is available for Lenovo ZUK Z1.The Installation process is very simple and safe.Below we share the full guide on that.
TWRP is a must have recovery for android device.You can easily flash / Install any Zip file (ROM and Kernels) via TWRP recovery.Now the latest build of TWRP recovery has support for .img files that means now you can directly flash system images (Firmware) via TWRP recovery
This TWRP Recovery is posted in Xda Forum by Breadcrust, Senior Member from Xda.Now ZUK Z1 users can install the TWRP 2.8.7 on your device with simple Fastboot commands.Follow the guide below to manually Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo ZUK Z1.After Installing TWRP, you can flash the Supersu via TWRP to get root on your device
Lenovo ZUK Z1 Related Guides:
- [Steps] How To Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z1
- [Download] Official MoKee ROM For ZUK Z1 Android Lollipop 5.1.1
→ Full Guide to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo ZUK Z1
The recovery has been confirmed working on Exodus for ZUK Z1 5.1.1, MOKEE CM Nightly 5.1.1, Cyanogen OS and more
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Lenovo ZUK Z1 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Important & Pre-Requirements
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
-> Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC
- Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
- How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
->Install USB Driver For Lenovo
->Unlock the Bootloader Of your Device other wise TWRP can’t be installed.For Guide Visit this link–>>[Steps] How To Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z1 (Important)
->Open Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging on your device
To download the latest TWRP Visit this source Xda Post
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo ZUK Z1
Step By Step Guide
- First follow every step mentioned ion the Pre-requirement section
- Now simply connect your device to PC and accept the RSA Authentication prompt. Now open a command prompt or terminal window.Verify If your device is properly connected to PC or not by the following command in cmd:
- Boot into the bootloader or Fastboot mode. Input Following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now time to flash the TWRP recovery. Input the following command for that. You can rename the file to a short one like “twrp.img” and then type the code with last code being the name of the recovery file.
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery z1.twrp.184.108.40.206.By.Breadcrust-UPDATE3.img
- Custom recovery will now be installed on your device.
- To boot your Device into recovery mode, just turn your device off and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time.
- Enjoy!!! Now you can Flash any Zip or .img files.