Step By Step Guide to Unlock the Bootloader On OnePlus 6: All the OnePlus devices come with an unlockable bootloader. The upcoming OnePlus device, the OnePlus 6 is no exception.OnePlus 6 is one of the most hyped devices of recent years because of its design and performance. This is going to the successor to OnePlus 6.If you are planning to buy OnePlus 6 and in future going to root it then this guide will play a very vital role. Here we are sharing a detailed guide to unlock OnePlus 6 bootloader.
OnePlus phones come with a very close to stock skin known as OxygenOs.The bootloader unlocking process on OnePlus 6 will be same as all previous generation OnePlus devices. The Users need to have windows or Mac computer. The process needs fastboot commands. It is easier than sounds but we recommend you follow all the steps mentioned in the guide carefully.
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your OnePlus 6 while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
- Install USB Driver for OnePlus 6 On your PC->Usb Drivers
- First, take a backup of your apps and data.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot On Your PC
Now download the files and follow the guide to Unlock the Bootloader On OnePlus 6
How To Unlock the Bootloader On OnePlus 6 (SAFEST GUIDE)
- Download and install the OnePlus drivers on your PC (Link is given in the download section above)
- Then Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock option On Your OnePlus 6.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Now reboot your device into bootloader. And connect your device with PC or Computer.
- Now Go To The ADB Folder and open Command window there (To Do so, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu)
- Now follow the guide to Unlock bootloader of OnePlus 6
Note: Only use the command part
- Done!!!Now the Bootloader of your OnePlus 6 is unlocked.
If you need root, then follow this guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6[/mks_pullquote]
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂
Disclaimer: Image used in this pictures are not owned by us.These are the properties of respective owners
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.