Follow the detailed guide to Install Lineage OS 17 On HTC U Ultra | Android 10 (oce). This is an early unofficial Lineage OS 17 For HTC U Ultra based on Android 10. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are an HTC U Ultra user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 17 On HTC U Ultra. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member tarkzim for the ROM.
As I mentioned it before the ROM is still in beta stage and there are some bugs currently present in the ROM so we recommend our readers not to flash the ROM on their primary device. The developers are working hard to fix all the available bugs and we are very sure that in upcoming updates, everything will be fixed and the ROM can be used as a daily driver.
Below we have mentioned what features of the ROM are working and which are not. If you are interested to experience the latest Android 10 on your HTC U Ultra, you can flash the ROM. But make sure to read the steps and bugs list before flashing.
– Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
– USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
– Audio (Top speaker)
– Video Playback
– Touch screen
– Fingerprint Sensor
– Double Tap to Wake (Only supported on DUGL variant for now!)
– Secondary Screen (now it’s working as a “Notch/Cutout” like other devices!, this area is now a status bar)
– RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
– Camera / Camcorder
– Type-C Headphone Audio
– Hardware Encryption
– Stereo Speaker
– GNSS GPS (NOT TESTED)
Lineage OS 17 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On HTC U Ultra.
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 On HTC U Ultra | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process,
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.