Download/Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Xiaomi Mi 5 [AOSPExtended Oreo ROM]: This ROM is only for Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini), so try flashing this on other Android devices.Before following the guide, few things you should know.Your device should have root access and TWRP recovery should also be installed to install this latest ROM. The download links and installation procedure is given with this article please read through. With the Android 8.1 ROM, you will also need to download the latest Gapps supported by Android 8.1 Oreo to have the full experience.
Xiaomi Mi 5 was the flagship device from Xiaomi which was launched in February 2016.The device is equipped with a 5.15-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 428 pixels per inch.It is powered by 1.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC coupled with 3GB of RAM.It has 32GB of internal storage which cannot be expanded. The Xiaomi Mi 5 sports a 16-megapixel main camera and a 4-megapixel front selfies camera.It runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box and houses a 3000 mAh non-removable battery
But remember these are initial releases so may have some bugs but in future updates, everything will be fixed.So if you are interested, you can install this ROM on your device by following this guide.We have left some steps for you to be able to learn How to Download and Install AOSPExtended Oreo ROM On Xiaomi Mi 5 (Android 8.1 Oreo ROM)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Xiaomi Mi 5 only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices (rooted users) and How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
Steps To Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Xiaomi Mi 5 [AOSPExtended Oreo ROM]
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Xiaomi Mi 5 using your data cable.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Mi 5 into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on your device How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on Xiaomi Mi 5. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favourite feature in the newest build of the ROM which is built off of Android 8.1 Oreo!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.