Follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 17 On Google Pixel C | Android 10 (codename: dragon). Yes, the unofficial LineageOS 17 made its way to Google Pixel C tablet. The device has been getting great support since it’s release. As it is a Google product, the development around the device is awesome.
The available Lineage OS 17 for the device is in its initial build which means there will be bugs present but we are sure in coming days the developer will fix all the bugs. For now, we recommend not to flash the ROM on your primary device. We are thankful to Xda developer followmsi for the ROM file. The developer has developed the Lineage OS 17 ROM For Nexus 7 too.
Google released the Official Android 10 few months ago and all the newer pixel devices have been updated to the new iteration of Android. The latest Android 10 comes with some great features which we have mentioned below. All those features are added to the Lineage OS 17 build. If you own a Pixel C and want to try anew Android 10 based ROM, then i recommend you to check the unofficial Lineage OS 17.
- Encryption seems not to work – and has not been tested. -> Pls do not encrypt your data partition yet !
- Keymaster -> If you set Pattern, PIN or Password the Screen unlock may not work correctly.
- Workaround for Pattern: On fresh boot you will need to wait a bit longer before you enter credentials.
- The waiting time is required on fresh boot only, the following unlocks are working normally.
- In case of problems pls use Update.ZIP_TWRP_flashable_pattern_pin_remover_V2.z ip to remove pattern/pin or password.
Lineage OS 17 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Google Pixel C.
- Lineage OS 17 for Google Pixel C: Download Link (Only download the lineage os 17 zip file from the folder)
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 17 ROMs
- For gapps installation issues and more information > Pls check this out > https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho…postcount=1350
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 On Google Pixel C | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).