Now you can get your hands on Android for Redmi Note 7 as Lineage OS 17 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 | Android 10 (lavender) is made available. This is an unofficial build of the ROM. It is an early Lineage OS 17 build For Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 based on Android 10. Make sure to follow each and every step carefully to flash the ROM without any issue.
Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery. But remember this is an early build so there may be few bugs present which may cause an issue while using the ROM as a daily driver. Thus I recommend not to flash the ROM on your primary smartphone. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member letsmakecakes for the ROM.
The Redmi Note 7 was launched with Redmi Note 7 Pro. Both the devices were hugely successful. It comes equipped with a large 5.0-inch display with 441ppi, 1.4GHz Hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor, 3GB RAM and 23 MP camera.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is packed with 64GB internal storage with expandable up to 200GB via a microSD card slot and 2620mAh non-removable battery. It has a rear-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- RIL (Calls, SMS,)
- Double-tap to wake
- check the xda thread linked below
For more information about the ROM, check the official Xda thread here
Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Redmi Note 7.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.