Last month, OnePlus has released the OxygenOS 10.0.4 OTA update for its OnePlus 7T model with some general bug fixes and system improvements. That update included the cloud service feature, especially for the Indian users. Currently, OnePlus is rolling out the latest OxygenOS 10.0.5 OTA update for the OnePlus 7T device. If you’re using the OnePlus 7T then you should receive the OTA update notification very soon. But as we all know that OnePlus pushes incremental rollout, so it may take some time to arrive on all the 7T devices globally. Here we have also shared the OxygenOS 10.0.5 OTA download link below along with the installation steps and all the requirements.
The latest OxygenOS 10.0.5 update brings October 2019 Android Security Patch Level to the OnePlus 7T device. It also improves system stability & general bug fixes. While the firmware update also fixes the double-tap gesture for screen activation. We have provided the full update changelog below:
OxygenOS 10.0.5 for OnePlus 7T Changelog:
- Fixed the double-tap gesture for screen activation
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
- Improved system stability and General bug fixes
Check for OTA Update
It’s worth mentioning that the broader rollout process will start soon after the incremental rollout. However, you can check for the OTA updates manually on your device. Go to the phone Settings > System Updates > Check for update. Now, in this case, if the update isn’t coming on your handset for any reason and you want to install the firmware manually, check the guide. You can follow the ADB Sideload guide below as well.
Download OxygenOS 10.0.5 OTA update for OnePlus 7T
OOS 10.0.5 Full OTA for OnePlus 7T (Indian Variant only) – Download Link
Steps to Install OxygenOS 10.0.5 on OnePlus 7T
You can use two different methods to install the downloaded OxygenOS 10.0.5 update on your OnePlus 7T manually. Both methods are listed below. But make sure to follow the pre-requirements at first.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain a 50%-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This update is only for OnePlus 7T users only (Indian variant).
- Make sure that you have the latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your Windows PC or Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
ADB and fastboot method
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. The USB debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 7T. Make sure to download and copy the firmware OTA update file depends on the device model. Now, follow the linked guide to Install the update with ADB Sideload.
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 7T. The steps to do this are:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 7T
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you’ve updated your OnePlus 7T device to OxygenOS 10.0.5 version easily. If you have any queries, please leave a comment below.